Wednesday, April 24, 2013

English class today

I went to an English class organized by this lady who also organize this moms group. I thought my English was really good. But I learnt a little too. "Used to " is pronounced "use to". I wasn't aware of "d" followed by "to".

Today we talked about used to, am used to, and taking on the telephone.

(It's so nice to be outside enjoying the sunshine. I thank my husband for that.)

Telephone conversation:

Scenario 1:

Caller: Hello, May I speak to Sarah?

Sarah: This is SHE, (not her). Or

Sarah: Speaking=This is she who is speaking.

----
Scenario 2:

Sarah's H: I am sorry, she is not available now. May I take a message?

Everyone perhaps has experienced having to spelling out the names. The teacher handed out a list of spelling alphebets. Hers is different than mine. I am sharing mine here with you.

A, as in Apple
B, as in Boy
C, as in Cat
D, as in David
E: as in Edward
F: as in Frank
G: as in George
H: as in Henry
I: as in Ink
J: as in Jaclk
K: as in Kate
L: as in Larry
M: as in Mary
N: as in Nancy
O: as in Onion
P: as in Peter
Q: as in Queen, Quater
R: as in Robert
S: as in Sam
T: as in Tom
U: as in Umbrella
V: as in Victor
W: as in Wok(kidding you, I dont remember I have ever needed to spell W), Willie.
X: as in X-ray
Y: as in Yellow
Z: as in Zebra


No comments:

Post a Comment